Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2018, 06:44:52 AM

Author Topic: Muzzleloader?  (Read 66 times)

Offline Beddoe

Muzzleloader?
« on: August 20, 2018, 01:54:38 PM »
I'm thinking of replacing my Knight Disc rifle that's about 17-18 years old.  I have no idea what is a good brand these days.  I'm looking for experiences with repeatedly accurate shooting and ease of cleaning -- does anyone have any feedback regarding those?  Thanks.

Offline tornadochaser

• Founding Member
Re: Muzzleloader?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
CVA Accura V2.  Mine's a lazer out to 225 yards with the scope on.  The fiber optic sights are very accurate and bright; My only complaint is don't get the thumbhole stocked version if you can't use a scope in your state.  the stock has too high of a comb to quickly line up the open sights. I've been impressed with the accuracy of many different bullet/powder combos, both sabots and powerbelts. 

I'll be shooting my accura here in the coming weeks; looks like I'll have 4 tags between 2 states this fall.  I'll post some pics from shooting open sights and with 3-9x scope.
The only two things you should mix good whiskey with is ice and questionable decisions.

Offline Beddoe

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 05:54:18 AM »
perfect, thanks.  Picked one up from Mack's Prairie Wings for $465.  I had heard the same about CVA & the Accura V2.

Offline MrZeat

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 12:19:44 PM »
Love my traditions... muzzle-loaders.com is usually awesome, Oregon based company, no sales tax anywhere, and well for me it's always overnight shipping since they're so close  :P. I've never shot a muzzle loader with a scope and don't plan to. Not legal for hunting seasons here anyway, this year they did legalize the shotgun primers though which is new.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:20:45 PM by MrZeat »